Sunday, February 1, 2009

Haboob

"Each day I give myself one task. Today I went to buy butter." My friend Carol, on living in a foreign country

Well today I went to Haboob, the local grocery store. I bought cabbage, papaya juice (by accident because I meant to buy apple), wheat spaghetti noodles, toothpaste, raman noodles, toilet paper, yogurt, and canned peas & carrots.

Janelle and I went to the market downtown to look for a big wardrobe for my bedroom, since they don't have closets here. We didn't quite find what we were looking for... but we did find last week's episode of LOST inside a pirated DVD store!

Tomorrow its off to work and then afterwards to have tea with my new landlady downstairs. I have a slight headache, so perhaps I'll go to bed early.

3 comments:

CW said...

I remember the day I bought butter. I was so scared and nervous. About butter!!

Keep doing something new every day. But some days, skip it...because you just need a break sometimes.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! A way to keep up with Lost!

Last night we ate at Maggionos- it was so good and we thought about you and talked about you. Thanks again for treating us =)

Laurie said...

Sweet friend... I love your blog! I can't believe I'm just discovering it now! Good job buying toothpaste, TP and ramen - all the essentials! What else could you possibly need? :)
Love you!