Friday, August 29, 2008

Language Learning in Canada

I returned last night from a two week school in Toronto that teaches how to learn a language. There were 7 other students all going to various countries needing different languages and we spent our days learning techniques for quickly learning and retaining our target language. We were paired with a language helper from the country we are going to- so I and two guys had an Arabic tutor in the afternoons and we applied what we learned in class in the time with our tutor. I am so thankful for this great instruction, and am not as fearful of the language learning process that I will go through in the Middle East!

One of the highlights was that on our time off, Marie (my roommate) and I were able to visit an Iraqi family that is related to my neighbors in Dallas.















This is my small group and our Arabic language helper.

1 comment:

CW said...

i can feel the love...everyone has their arms around each other, but you and ethan are not even touching.